Lille's Joe Cole Targets England Squad Return & He Moved To Liverpool On A Free Transfer From Chelsea in July 2010.

Joe Cole has set his sights on playing his way back into a England squad following his summer loan move from Liverpool to French champions Lille and the midfielder 29 made only nine league starts for the Reds last season and joined the French club despite interest from several Premier League sides.

He told BBC Sport and i have won everything in England and had a successful career in  this 10 games I'll be back playing my best football and the I see no reason why I won't get back in a England team.

Cole collected the last of his 56 caps when appearing as a 2nd-half substitute in a england's 4-1 defeat by Germany in the second round of the 2010 World Cup and the later that summer of a he moved from Chelsea to Liverpool signing a 4 year contract and he struggled to make an impact at Anfield and played in just 11 Premier League games last season.

Aston Villa Tottenham and Queens Park Rangers were all interested in signing Cole during the summer transfer window and he elected to join Lille who will be playing Champions League football this season and his offer excited me, he told BBC Sport's Dan Roan and it looks a great club of the French league and cup double last season and I wanted this experience to test myself in the French league and ever since I was a young lad and I wanted the opportunity to play abroad.
Coles Clubs for a West Ham - 1998-2003, Chelsea - 2003-10, Liverpool - 2010 and the Lille - 2011 (loan) and You can't think too long-term in this game, things happen in the blink of an eye but as it stands it's a season-long loan so let's see how it goes for everyone concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment